The VULKAN MESLU marine clutch is a pneumatically operated double-cone friction clutch for dry running. It is backlash-free, possesses no rubbing surfaces in its internal construction that could be subject to wear and tear, and thanks to the external friction sheaths, features high maximum shifting and good heat radiating capacity. The clutch coupling produces no axial load, either when engaged or disengaged. Through the arrangement of the double-cone an automatic adjustment is afforded during gradual wear of the friction linings. The friction lining is subject to natural wear and tear. The linings, made from high-performance friction material based on asbestos-free synthetic resin, are safely dimensioned and extremely wear-resistant, so that several years of operation is ensured even with frequent shifting.
- The advantage of the MESLU/RATO or MESLU/VULKARDAN E high performance pneumatic clutch combination compared to a flexible clutch with integrated elastic elements lies in the fact that the clutch coupling combination is not affected by the heat generated during engaging operations.
- Thanks to the external friction drum, high maximum shifting and a good heat radiation capacity is achieved.
- The displacement of the drive system cannot adversely affect the contact pattern, and therefore the wear and tear and clutching behavior, of the MESLU clutch coupling combination.
- Thanks to the inner bearing, the MESLU clutch coupling combination is backlash-free and has no rubbing surfaces at all in its internal construction that could be subject to wear and tear.
- The linings, made from high-performance friction material based on asbestos-free synthetic resin, are safely dimensioned and extremely wear-resistant.
- Despite the successive arrangement of the clutch combination, a compact design is achieve