The VULKARDAN L highly flexible shaft couplings have been specifically developed for application in conjunction with Cardan shafts. The main components of the VULKARDAN L shaft coupling are the highly flexible element as well as the inner and outer coupling parts supported against each other. The elements have a high torsional flexibility and good damping properties. On to the support additional damping is achieved.
When the driven machine is not in line with the prime mover or when long distances have to be bridged, Cardan shafts are used. With a diesel engine as the prime mover, a highly flexible shaft coupling will be required for shifting resonances and damping of torsional vibration. This shaft coupling protects the Cardan shaft and the driven machinery from inadmissible vibratory loads.
- Customised, highly flexible coupling for use as a coupling in Cardan shafts
- The bearing absorbs the weights of the Cardan shaft and the forces generated by it
- Lower operating costs as a result of maintenance-free components such as the sliding bearing
- Torque Range TKN [kNm]0.16 kNm - 12.50 kNm
- Speed range [1/min]1,800.00 RPM - 2,300.00 RPM
Flexibly mounted engines.