The high torque flexible Vulkan RATO DS and RATO DS+ couplings have been specially designed for use in installations requiring a high level of torsional flexibility and medium level of misalignment capacity. Supplementing the all-round marine engine couplings RATO S and RATO S+. The RATO DS / RATO DS+ couplings has been developed to offer an application-orientated coupling design. Specially for rigidly mounted ship´s main propulsion. The available stiffnesses enable a good tuning of the system with respect to both the transient and steady-state torsional vibration response. In the tradition of VULKAN Couplings, a backlash-free torque transmission is achieved.
- Vulkan Rato DS and RATO DS+ marine couplings for high-performance elastomer of the ACOTEC sizes allows the use of a smaller size and thus offers a commercial benefit.
- It is possible to provide a safety device against racing to protect the drive system
- Maximum flexibility for the solution and a range of special design
- The element design delivers torque transmission without any play. Optimal heat dissipation ensures functionality and availability of the drive system even under the harshest conditions
- The compact dimensions of the torsionally flexible coupling ensure considerable weight reduction and therefore greater efficiency in the drive as well as lower project costs