VULKAN Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has always strived for continuous improvement and believes in business expansion in line with sustainable development. As part of this commitment, VULKAN Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has already undertaken various initiatives that contribute to greater sustainability in its day-to-day business, including, for example, the installation of solar panels, GreenCo certification,and the implementation of ISO 50001.
A vision got reality
In order to further contribute to climate and environment protection, VULKAN Technologies Pvt. Ltd. decided to build the expansion project with the vision of "GREEN BUILDINGS" in 2019. This vision got reality.
A green building is a building that, from design to construction to operation, helps reduce or eliminate negative impacts on the environment, in addition to having positive impacts on the climate and natural environment. It also helps conserve valuable natural resources.
Green buildings are rated by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) according to an established rating system that includes the following criteria:
- Site selection and planning
- Water conservation
- Energy conservation
- Material conservation
- Indoor environment quality and occupational health
- Innovation in design
Special features of the new building
The new building at the VULKAN plant site in Pune meets these requirements. In addition, the new building project has the following other special features:
- Compared to the total area of the site, 28% of the natural topography has been preserved
- Rainwater harvesting system with a capacity of 695 cum/day, which collects 86% of the rainwater
- 94% of the landscape area is planted with native species, 0% turf on the project site
- 631 kWp of energy is generated by renewable energy, i.e. solar PV panels
- Installation of on-site wastewater treatment systems, with 97% of wastewater recycled and used for landscaping and sanitary facilities
- Annual savings of 20% of total energy consumption.
- Building material made of fly ash, high performance glass
- Adequate daylighting and natural ventilation
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures
- Efficient equipment
- Central VRV system with high efficiency
- 57% water savings through economical low flow fixtures
- 100% installation of drip irrigation system for new landscape
- Accessible building design
- Break rooms and gym for employee recreation
- Waste separation – from source to storage
"We are very pleased that in an unprecedented team effort, we were able to turn our vision of the green building into reality, contributing to greater sustainability at VULKAN," says Rajesh Mishra, Managing Director at VULKAN Technologies Pvt. Ltd.